- The recommended dose of MAVENCLAD® is 3.5 mg/kg over 2 years, given in two treatment courses of 1.75 mg/kg/year
- Each treatment course consists of two treatment weeks (week 1 and week 5), each of 4 or 5 days’ oral therapy
Use the calculator below to find out the correct dosing schedule for your patients.
Please enter your patient's weight:
MAVENCLAD comes in pack sizes of 1, 4 and 6 tablets.
Total number of tablets required
Mode of administration1
- The tablets must be taken with water, and swallowed without chewing
- As the tablets are uncoated, they must be swallowed immediately once removed from the blister and not be left exposed on surfaces or handled for any period of time greater than that required for dosing
- If a tablet is left on a surface, or if a broken or fragmented tablet is released from the blister, the area must be thoroughly washed.
- The patient’s hands must be dry when handling the tablets and washed thoroughly afterwards
- The tablets can be taken independent of food intake. However, it is recommended that administration of any other oral medicinal product be separated from that of MAVENCLAD® by at least 3 hours
- Advise patient to take their MAVENCLAD® as soon as they remember if on the same day as the missed dose
- If this is the next day, the treatment course should be extended by the number of days in that treatment week
- Take no more than the recommended daily dose on any single day. A missed dose must not be taken together with the
next scheduled dose on the following day. In the case of a missed dose, the dosing period should be extended
Patients can be referred to the patient information leaflet (PIL) if necessary